Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Travels to Utah!

Hey everyone! So it's taken me a little longer than normal to get to Provo because I've been doing some fun things on the way! Yesterday we stopped at the Grand Canyon for a bit on the north rim. It was lots of fun, superly relaxing, and busy! There were lots of cabins, shops, and places to make the common camper much happier! Today we went to Zion's National Park where we took a shuttle to seven different interest points. We even hiked a bit at two of the stops. It is gorgeous there! But, it was evident that we are not serious hikers since none of us had a stupid hat, walking stick, or wearing earthy colored clothing! Tonight we also managed to see Tarzan the musical at Tuacahn. This place is a canyon just outside of St. George where they do musicals. Tarzan was awesome! There were lots of apes swinging above us and all over the stage! They also flooded the stage and used the mountains for lighting effects. It was good, but it was almost not going to happen because the hurricane like winds that were blowing the entire time! I thought that I was going to be blown over!! Well, that's it for tonight! I register for my conference tomorrow and kollege fun starts on friday!

"I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?

I think you can in Europe!"  -10 Things I hate About You-

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're stopping at your National Parks along the way! As a ranger, I feel it my duty, however, to mention that Zions is the bank, Zion, is the National Park! Good luck getting moved in, meeting roommates, finding your way around campus, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And my bad! I didn't realize I had written it that way!

    ReplyDelete