Saturday, July 3, 2010

Meeting New People!

Howdy!
Sorry, that this post came later than the other one. This past week as been good. It's freedom week in Provo and that means that there is stuff to do everywhere! On sunday we went to a firesde that was all about Americans and their freedom. Steve Young spoke and they had a traditional tribte to the branches of the military. There was also a presentation about different people who came to America and their struggles through the years. The last thing that they did was sing Amazing Grace and it was all about the slave trade. This AWESOME black guy was one of the people singing and at the end he held up
old-school handcuffs like the ones slaves would have been in on the ships. IT was so powerful!! I didn't know what to do with myself. I was feeling really patriotic. And because of my brother-in-law's recent comissioning in to the United States Air Force everytime they said something about the Air Force I got REALLY patriotic! After that we had Ward Prayer and we didn't even realize until someone began reading our spiritual thought that it was the anniversary of the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. We listened to the entire chapter in the Doctrine and Covenants and ten we heard a group sing A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. This was also SUPER Powerful!! 


The rest of the week was just having fun. I went to class and then at night hung out with some of my new friends. On Wednesday I had a fun experience though in that I was hiking in a Mountain (Rock Canyon Actually) for Dinosaur class and a HUGE rainstorm hit. We were soaked! On thursday I also got to eat lunch with some of hte people from my Y Group at NSO. Then we went and took a tour of BYU/SA. Which is the major service organization at BYU that was described to me like their Student Government. It was cool to see, and guess what? I am now going to be partially in charge of the Homecoming Dances. (I don't know if I'm a co-chair yet or a committee member). So that's pretty exciting! Then (on the same day) my roommates and I decided that we should bring food to a different dorm of boys. We met another group of extremely interesting people. And....a Taylor Lautner look-a-like!! No lie! Then we went and saw Eclipse! It was awesome! I totally enjoyed it! And.... I think that I am probably going to stay on Team Jacob now instead of flip-flopping back and forth.


The next day we kinda took a lazy day. At night though we went to hang out with some of the new boys we met and we watched Captain Blood. IT's an old black and white movie starring Errol Flynn and it is straight up Pirates of the Caribbean!! I kid you not! this movie was where they got all their ideas for their movies!! After we watched that we decided to play volleyball. After volleyball WE just kinda hung out for a while and then a coupld of us went for a walk. When we came back there were a TON of people hanging out at the volleyball court and so we decided to hang out with them.  Italked to a bunch of people that I already knew and got to know some that I didn't better. I also met a lot of awesome people!


Then today my roommates that didn't go to the movie the first time went, and naturally so did I. IT was lots of fun and we enjoyed riding the city bus. We met a lot of people that way too! Now we are just hanging out and doing homework before we have a picnic and watch the fireworks! So that's all for now!




"Well I AM  hotter than you!"  -Eclipse- 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a blast! Sorry we keep playing phone tag, I'll probably call you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you are busy. Glad to hear your finding things to do outside of class.

    ReplyDelete